State of that Outfit…

And then I went off the deep end and ordered specific supplies…

When last we spoke, I stated I would *totally* finish a 14th century outfit by the end of January.

Yeah… that totally happened. Between the holidays, full-scale finishing another few projects, the SCA start date for in-person activities getting postponed, and the all powerful brain weasels… this did not happen.


But considering I was so eager for it, and I’m really looking forward to it, I decided that if I wasn’t going to finish, then damn it, I would make it better. Considering that all I’d done was sew most of the hood, it just needs edging as I’m not happy with what’s been done, and cut out the kirtle and shift, I had everything pretty wide open.

(Then I realized I’d already cut the kirtle out (except for gores), and things were looking much better.)

So now? I’m going to handsew the fucking lot of it. I’m thinking I’ll also partly take apart the hood and handsew a few things on it I’m not totally happy with (such as seam finishing). My tentative goal is the end of May, but if it’s earlier, I’ll be thrilled. I’m using it as an excercise in forcing myself to complete everything and take no shortcuts.

And it shall be most excellent.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s