So, I swear, this isn’t dead. It’s been a weird second half of the year, but I have at least completed some things that I’m pleased with. My Laurel was Queen, so that meant a chunk of brain energy was diverted there, but at least I got some work done. Did her Queen’s Grace scrolls, and worked on clothing for various people, as well as turned out some naalbinding. Must do more naalbinding.
I also went for Kingdom Arts and Sciences Champion. It was… Oh, let’s not lie – it was an unqualified disaster. For a variety of reasons. However, I’m really glad that I did it – even if it means that there’s now a larger plan in the works for the 2019 competition. One sort of started over dinner the night of the competition and that I won’t regret as much (even if the book I’m eying for the matter is currently pushed back for the second printing).
I’m actually pleased with the documentation that was submitted, though – so I’ll be posting that in the next few weeks.
The highlight, though, was that I returned to my first love of SCA art. Lampwork. Gods, that’s so much fun…
And now, the Estrella prep continues.